- Codonopsis pilosula or dang shen (党参) : lower blood pressure, increase red and white blood cell count, cure appetite loss, strengthen the immune system and replenish qi.
- Chinese Angelica sinensis or dang gui (当归) : treat gynecological ailments, fatigue, mild anemia and high blood pressure.
- Poria cocos or fu shen (茯神) : remove spleen dampness and used in herbal remedies for insomnia, restlessness, fatigue, sleep disorder, tension and nervousness.
- Polygonatum odoratum or yu zhu (玉竹) : traditionally used in a range of afflictions from menopause to broken bones, such as expedite the healing of cuts and bruises, skin irritations and inflammations, good for acne, blemishes and all kinds of imperfections of the skin, alleviate a range of symptoms associated with menopause, indigestion, diabetes, broken bones, insomnia, kidney pains, and even infertility.
- Red dates (红枣) : strengthen the functions of heart and lung, nourish stomach and spleen, increase blood flow and oxygen to the brain to improve memory and promote clear thinking.
- Chinese wolfberries or qi zi (杞子) : has antioxidant properties with potential benefits against cardiovascular and inflammatory diseases, vision-related diseases, having neuroprotective propertiesor as an anticancer and immunomodulatory agent.
More on Healthy Easy Food Recipes